Overturned lorry poured cars and diesel over the A43 caused four …
Motorists in West Northamptonshire were told to expect delays on the A43 this afternoon (March 30) after a car transporter overturned and emptied several cars over the northbound carriageway. One lane of the road was closed for more than four hours following the single-vehicle collision just before 11am.
National Highways announced the incident shortly after 12pm today (March 30), with one lane closed between the A5 and Towcester and Junction 15 of the M1 (Northampton). The road was reopened just after 3.30pm following a clean-up operation.
Both Northamptonshire Police and Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene. A large amount of diesel was also spilt from the overturned vehicle.
Pictures from National Highways appeared to show the overturned cab of a car transporter lying on the side of the road with the trailer section still standing. Several Minis have gone over with the cab, including two that have spilled onto the verge.
A spokesperson from Northants Police said: “At 10.53am today we were called to reports of single vehicle collision involving an overturned car transporter on the A43 northbound, between the A5 and M1. One man suffered very minor hand and leg injuries.
“The fire service was in attendance to manage a diesel spill. Officers left the scene under Highways’ oversight and they reported the road was fully cleared by 3.38pm.”
Get the latest and breaking news from Northamptonshire by signing up for our newsletter here.
- ^ West Northamptonshire (www.northantslive.news)
- ^ Towcester (www.northantslive.news)
- ^ Northampton (www.northantslive.news)
- ^ Northamptonshire Police (www.northantslive.news)
- ^ Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service (www.northantslive.news)
- ^ Northampton teacher Fiona Beal ‘shocked’ when police turned up three months after she killed partner (www.northantslive.news)
- ^ signing up for our newsletter here. (data.reachplc.com)