Cork man ‘severely injured’ in hospital after being lifted into bin lorry
A man has been left with serious injuries after he was accidentally lifted into a bin lorry this morning. The man, who is understood to be from Cork, was asleep in the recycling bin when it was lifted and emptied into the lorry.
The Irish Mirror has confirmed that the incident occurred on Main Street, Killarney, Co Kerry, earlier this morning. Sources told the paper that the man had been socialising in Killarney overnight.
Gardai have confirmed that they were alerted to the incident at around 7 am.
Staff from the refuse company, KWD Recycling, raised the alarm when they heard the man screaming and provided him with first aid. He was conveyed to University Hospital Kerry where he remains with “severe” injuries.
A spokesman for KWD said today: “KWD sincerely hopes the member of the public involved, whose privacy we wish to respect, makes a speedy and complete recovery. Otherwise, KWD is not commenting on this incident.”
Get all the latest updates from the Rebel County when you sign up for the CorkBeo newsletters
- ^ Irish Mirror (www.irishmirror.ie)
- ^ Gardai (www.corkbeo.ie)
- ^ Cork mam faces sleeping in car or garda station as city council vote against emergency eviction meeting (www.corkbeo.ie)
- ^ Watch: Cork Tidy Towns crews disgusted after vandals burn and scatter skip full of rubbish collected over weekend (www.corkbeo.ie)
- ^ the CorkBeo newsletters (www.corkbeo.ie)