Two rushed to hospital after Glasgow M8 crash as lorry overturns on …
The multi-vehicle collision was reported at around 7.30am this morning at Junction 13, with the overturned lorry blocking two lanes and leading to the road being closed. Emergency services rushed to the scene shortly after.
It has now been confirmed that two people were taken to hospital, with paramedics arriving at the scene at 7.40am, including two ambulances and a critical care paramedic.
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We received a call today at 7.40am to attend an incident on the M8. We dispatched two ambulances and a critical care paramedic to the scene, with the first resource arriving within one minute. We transported two patients to hospital.”
A Police Scotland spokesperson earlier said: “Around 7.35am on Thursday, 20 April, police were called to a report of a road crash on the M8 westbound, near J13. The carriageway is closed and officers are at the scene.”
- ^ saw a lorry overturn (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)
- ^ Emergency services (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)
- ^ Lanarkshire 17-year-old missing for two days as welfare concern grows for teen (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)
- ^ Nicola Sturgeon’s husband Peter Murrell seen for first time since his arrest (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)
- ^ Lanarkshire pensioner killed on bowling club day out after row with best pal of 40 years (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)
- ^ Glasgow road rage driver hurls horrific racial abuse at woman over ‘dirty’ music playing in her car (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)
- ^ Glasgow hillwalker, 38, missing for more than a month with family ‘very worried’ (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)
- ^ Second Glasgow homeless charity fears being ‘driven off the road’ by Low Emission Zone fines (www.glasgowlive.co.uk)